Sunday, June 12, 2011

365 Blog-Day 98

Today I flew home from Seattle :(... But, the flight home was beautiful. I could see the Pacific Ocean on our flight out, Mt. St. Helen, Mt. Ranier, The Rocky Mountains, etc. Not only was it scenic, but it was a bit scary too. A 60 year old man had a seizure on the plane in the aisle next to me and the flight attendant had to get on the overhead speakers to look for a doctor or nurse on the flight and for a working stethoscope (theirs wasn't working). I wondered what the rank system was for health professionals. If there is not a doctor or nurse on board, is an occupational therapist next on the list? Thankfully there was a doctor, a retired doctor, and a nurse. It kind of felt like LOST as they analyzed the plane for the missing seat to find out who the man was who was having a seizure. We had priority when landing and came into DFW at higher knots than I've ever landed (I learned that term from the man in front of me haha) Then, we had to wait for emergency personnel to carry him off before unboarding. It was pretty stressful and chaotic, but he ended up being okay as far as I could tell. Then, I drove back to Abilene-quite the traveling day!

Here is Mt. St. Helen from the plane covered in snow.

No comments: