Tuesday, June 28, 2011

365 Blog-Day 118

Well, after mom and dad headed out this morning, I decided to check out a church close to my apartment and see what I thought. It was super close, which is convenient, and we sang some Chris Tomlin songs, so that was neat that I knew some of the worship songs. It was the preacher's last Sunday before leaving for the summer vacation, so it might be a little different if I go back. It is a satellite campus like The Village was, so it is videotaped from another campus here in Norman. I enjoyed it and might stop by again sometime soon.

I was very blessed this weekend to have both of my parents join me in moving into my apartment. It really didn't take long getting everything moved in (maybe 15 min). This was a huge difference than moving to Dallas or even back home. It did take a bit of time trying to figure out how to arrange everything and find a home for stuff. Thankfully, I have one of the most organizationally-minded-mothers ever, so she came in handy. She completely rearranged the cabinet space in the kitchen and gave me tips for my room. She really does have a gift. Dad, on the other hand, took it upon himself to inspect the place and fix just about everything that needed fixin'. He fixed the shower drain so that it would drain, put up the shower rod and curtain, adjusted the thermostat, fan, and vent system for optimal air flow, adjusted the water heater so that I can have warm showers, fixed a broken drawer, and set up the coffee pot. Whew! It was so great having them here! Thanks again ma and pops.

In the afternoon, I decided to go exploring. I took my bike and headed out around the campus. I discovered that I was really close to the Sam Noble Museum of Natural History (I've heard it's really good). I also rode over to the football stadium and looked up the 1950 National Football Champions and found my Uncle Gary's dad's name among the players. Pretty cool!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Awwwwwww!! Thanks! I wish I was more organized here!! Ha! We certainly enjoyed helping you get settled in!! Miss you already! Love ya...Mom