Sunday, June 12, 2011

365 Blog-Day 97

Today we woke up and drove to Lake Washington. On our way there, we had to be rerouted because of a Susan G. Komen Race for The Cure. It was so cool to see that many people in pink walking the streets of Seattle. The line of people went on for miles. We got to Lake Washington and met Matt's friend Neil to go kayaking. We spent about 2.5 hours on the water exploring the lake and enjoying the view of Mt. Ranier, the lake houses, the wildlife (turtles, herron, etc.), raced to cross the lake after huge ships, and kayaked over the wake through the canal and under bridges. It was such a cool experience that I'll never forget. I LOVED it! Afterwards, we had barbecue and it was wonderful! I mean, it was up there with some Texas barbecue. Then, we went to Freeway Park and took some fun pictures with the waterfalls. Then, Marci had to go to the airport, so we dropped her off. :(... After that, we went on an underground tour of Seattle and it was so entertaining. Our tour guide was pretty funny and it was interesting about the history of the town as well.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

I think kayaking with you guys might have been my favorite part of the trip :) Thanks for braving the waters!

Brianna Allen said...

I'm just glad none of us flipped. I really didn't know what to do if I had. haha I was just going to sink my kayak if it turned over. I don't think I would have had the patience to wait on one of you guys to turn me over. It wasn't as crazy as I thought it was going to be. Pretty awesome experience!