Tuesday, May 3, 2011

365 Blog-Day 64

Marci and I went on a jog tonight. It is 2 miles around our apartment complex and we basically played tag the whole way around. We each went at our own pace and stopped to walk a couple of times, but ended up getting back to our apartment about the same time. I was proud of both of us! Marci has such long legs, so I don't like running at her pace because I have to take 2 steps for her every step. I'm not much of a runner, but had some extra energy today. I couldn't believe it, but I made it 1.5 miles without stopping. I know that sounds kinda puny to most of the world, but it's pretty great for me considering I rarely EVER run. I used to hate it, but actually enjoyed it tonight. I think it's because I'm gaining my endurance back thanks to Jillian Michael's. I just love "hate" her. ;) haha
Anywho, the rest of the day was good too. I started off with my older adult lab where we quizzed each other on board exam questions and we missed quite a few...cool...hopefully we'll learn that info on fieldwork. haha

Then, I went to lunch with Sharon, my home group leader. We went to this really cute cafe in Richardson called The Chocolate Angel. I had chicken salad with cranberries and roasted nuts, pineapple and strawberry sorbet, tomato basil soup, mango tea, and French coconut pie. Wow! What a meal. Sharon loves the little boutiques in the area as well, so we ended up shopping the afternoon away and she got some really cute boots and skirts and shirts! I got a really cute watch that I've been debating on for quite some time. I think they are "the new thing". It has a rubberized band with a bling-bling face. I got a clear/white band with a silver face. It was 20% off and I'm always a sucker for a deal.

No comments: