Sunday, February 25, 2007

La Fiesta y Canterbury!


































We had a fiesta on Friday night! Kelsey's mom made her hot sauce, so we were inspired to cook Mexican food since we hadn't had it in since January! So, Courtney and I made guacamole, the other girls made burritos and beans and rice and then for dessert, a couple other girls made homemade sopapillas that were BRILLIANT! We had so much fun decorating the kitchen and playing pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey! Sat. morning I got up at 5:30AM and we went to Canterbury as a whole group! It's about a 3 hour bus ride. We went to St. Augustine's Abbey and took fun pictures! Then we went shopping at H&M and then went to the Canterbury Cathedral! It was huge! We had a guided tour from this old, adorable man. He was all hunched over and kept saying things like, "This happened around...well I think it was 1174 maybe1173, I can't remember exactly, I'm older than I was last week!" and "I hope you all like what I'm telling you." This is where Thomas Becket was murdered(in the church)! Hundreds of people came there after his death on a pilgrimage, like in Canterbury Tales. We actually saw the inn where the pilgrims stayed while in Canterbury. It was a very fun day! We spent the 3 hours on the way home telling embarrasing stories and funny dreams we'd had. I think I won in both catergories! haha Well, next weekend we head to Paris!!!!

No comments: