Saturday, September 24, 2011

365 Blog-Day 206

Lightning struck in Abilene today and caught a field on fire. This picture is taken from the top of our barn that I climbed up on and almost lost my balance. haha I was at Taco Bueno with Mary Kay and we both wanted to check it out to see where it was. It looked like it was really close to my house and it was! We got there and there was a sheriff blocking my road to make sure that only residence came down the road. We got there and Becky and McKinley were there checking on our house and Uncle Mike had called in to report the fire as soon as it happened. Caleb and Dad called too to check on our house and the animals. It was quite the adventurous afternoon. Thankfully, the firemen caught it quickly, but they still had to have planes drop flame retardant. They were flying so low to the ground. It was cool to watch all of the events from my front porch, but I'm glad it didn't come any closer.

No comments: